Summary of Key Terms
Some of the terms used in Rugby are similar to those used in football but with different meanings.
- in mid-game or from a penalty kick the ball is kicked above the crossbar and through the goalposts of the opposing team.
- touching the ball to the ground in the in-goal area of the opposing team (behind the goalposts).
- kick the ball through the goalposts after scoring a try.
- both teams line up heads down and shoulders pushing against to get the ball underneath.
- quick fancy foot movement to avoid a tackle.
- lower area of the body.
- ears become thick and lumpy after being hit cotinuously.
Take a Quiz on the words used in rugby