Summary of Key Terms
- a self-contained software package that allows users to perform specific tasks on a mobile or desktop device.
- a command that sends an echo request to test if a network site is alive and connected.
- a program that is used to provide access to and manage remote computers.
- a web site that collects and presents relevent information from different sources.
- an idea or image or video etc that is spread very quickly on the internet.
- a unique name that corresponds to one or more numeric IP addresses that is used to identify a certain web page or set of web pages on the internet.
- a small text file that may be placed on your computer from websites that you visit.
- a software program used to find and view websites on the Internet.
- provides high-speed internet connection to surf and access the internet.
- a system that uses radio waves to transmit data from a wireless router to devices like TV and computers and similar devices such as mobile phones.
- a device that conects one or more devices to the internet from a modem.
- a device that connects from the internet to a computer or broadband network or wireless router.
Take a Quiz about the Internet